Tuesday, November 04, 2003

US General: My god is bigger than his god: "Speaking of why George Bush is president he said: 'Why is this man in the White House? The majority of Americans did not vote for him. Why is he there? And I tell you this morning that he's in the White House because God put him there for a time such as this.' ... Attending a National Prayer Breakfast, General Boykin described "a demonic presence in [Mogadishu, Somalia] that God revealed to me as the enemy." Speaking of Somali warlord Osman Ato, he said, "He went on CNN and he laughed at us, and he said, 'They'll never get me because Allah will protect me. Allah will protect me.' Well, you know what, I knew that my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real God and his was an idol." Three days after Mr. Ato's television appearance, he was captured. General Boykin went into Mr. Ato's cell and said: "Mr. Ato, you underestimated our God.""

No comments: