Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Mad Rants From the Right Wing: "Bitter, spiteful and downright bizarre ranting and ravings of the people who now rule America, along with their supporters. Who could forget Barbara Bush on Good Morning America: 'Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many...It's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?'

"Or Ann Coulter, opining: 'My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building.' Or George W. Bush to the Palestinian Prime Minister: 'God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you can help me, I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them.'

"At first you will laugh, but keep in mind what Sidney Blumenthal, who wrote an insightful introduction, noted: 'You may read and laugh, but, remember, they mean it.'"

No comments: