Tuesday, April 08, 2003

George Galloway: I am not a traitor and I will not be gagged over this war
'Last week the government enlisted the Murdoch press to launch an assault on me with the journalistic equivalent of a cluster bomb. The central thrust of their attacks, that I am a traitor not fit to sit in parliament, was scattered over the Sun, News of the World, Times and Sunday Times. Some bomblets were designed to wound now (like the incitement to pound me with hate mail and threatening phone calls), others to explode later, and with terminal effect (like the order to strip me of parliamentary rank through withdrawal of the Labour whip, followed by expulsion).'

'The real traitors are those who recklessly abandoned our European heartland and Labour's natural friends like Gerhard Schröder, Nelson Mandela and Jimmy Carter and subordinated our interests to an extreme rightwing faction of a foreign power; George Bush's USA.'

No comments: