Monday, June 07, 2004

An Interview with Sue Niederer, Mother of a Slain Soldier: "What is your response to the recent evidence that this war was waged on the basis of 'misinformation'?

"I wanted to rip the president's head off. Curse him, yell at him, call him a self righteous bastard and a lot of other words. I think if I had him in front of me I would shoot him in the groined area. Let him suffer. And just continue shooting him there. Put him through misery, like he's doing to everyone else. He doesn't deserve any better

"Are you worried that Bush could win in November?

"Extremely concerned. If this country allows him, we are the fools. We deserve everything we get or do not get from him. We are allowing him to get away with anything he wants to do. He flat out lied to us, killing our troops. He doesn't face the fallen family. If this is what we reelect, we deserve everything we get.

"Are traumatized soldiers getting the help they need?

"I have friends who have children in Iraq. This is taking one heck of a toll upon the men. I've heard this many times from many friends. It's the same thing--that they become mentally unstable. He's not only a danger to himself, he's a danger to the men in his platoon."

No comments: